Finally I can reveal my secret project:
My Ork Multi-Rookitbomb-Launcher Vehicle (MRLV) "Kazushaaah" for the Artillery Contest at Work in Progress :)
It was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed it.
The competition is pretty tough again, so I hope I can end in the forward third of the contest.
Anyhow, I did continue with the ATHENA.
I painted the plotting table
As you can see, I tried to use standard military markers (as I don't have an epic model, or a planetary empire hex handy)
added some highlights
And then I begun construction of the windows - these are the sides
here are the main window panes
then I base coated them and cut some clear plastic for the actual windows.
The mounting of the windows went pretty well, so there's no visible frosting on it.
And then I mounted them on the side panels
and mounted these on the lower deck.
The lower deck in position :)
Then I added some more ornaments
Since Matt asked, here's how I cut my plasticard.
I use a metal ruler - important is the corc base, that prevents accidential sliding
Then I do a first light cut
which I follow with about another 3-4 cuts (depending on the thickness of the plasticard), then I can bend it
and it snapps apart neatly
When drilling holes, I do them before I cut, and I start each hole with the fine GW drill, then with the next thicker (from left to right) and so on - I only use hand-drills, as power drills tend to get out of (my) control to fast... :-P
And the final ornament, nice industrial, steampunky
Since I did a major goof-up on the nose that I couldn't cover up easily, I decided to add a battle damage that was field repaired.