Monday, October 27, 2014

Finally

Hi all,

sorry for the long silence, but my shoulder really got the best of me.
Sleepless nights full of pain burnt most of my energy and I was hardly able to do anything.
A very sincere thanks to all of you writing and commenting, asking for my well being.

Well, I finally had my operation on 8th October, and I think it's the best thing I could've done.
Even directly after the OP (though looking rather pale) I could already feel the improvement in my shoulder.


















And the next day I was already looking and feeling rather good :)














All that's left are the stitches, which were removed this week.


















Now it's lots of physio-therapy and exercising to get the muscles and sinews back in running order.
I started working on a little hobby piece for a Halloween contest, but holding a model for painting isn't quite working yet.
Unfortunately














But you also know I can't sit still without anything hobby related.
So I decided to play around with some larger scale stuff.
Using clay.
Here's kind of witch/hag mask for Halloween.
The rough start...


















and with details.














some different light settings.















I think I like the way she turned out :)















So I decided this week to start something more ambitious.
I call it "Slug Hunter" and will hopefully end up as decoration for my garden.
Here's an early shot - some of you may remember the pose from the "Stalinz Orkan" project.
Namely "Nuton" - http://stalinzorkan.blogspot.de/2009/08/three-with-one-stroke.html


















Once I had the basic shape, I started to add details, such as the boots and belly button.














Some better defined arms and detailed boots as well as knee pads.




























And after 3 days I added the loin cloth, glove, attire, and the start of his jacket.














Also the slug received its "face"














And then came the hardest part, when I had to cut him open, to remove the supporting aperture as well as hollowing out the inside (this is necessary for clay burning)















Luckily I got this with only minor damage,















but one of the legs broke.
I fixed it, but now it has to cure a bit before I can continue to work on the Slug Hunter.

And before getting bored, I decided to try something completely different :D


















So sorry for the "off-topic" stuff, but I'm mightily glad to be back in my man-cave and get things done.
Thank you for sticking around.
I hope to have some real hobby updates soon.
Cheers
Klaus