Tuesday, July 5, 2016

ATHENA Steampunk Airship (114)

Hi all,
thank you for the comments and feedback!
I hope you had a great weekend with lots of hobby and family time - and for my US friends I hope you had a great 4th of July!

I spent the weekend in Munich with my wife and friends and we had a blast despite the ever changing weather - what happened to summer again???

Nevertheless, I did get some work done :)
I still had to work on the Eisenkern bodyguards. And one thing I wanted was a good crest for the shoulder pad.
Since they belong to Felicitas zu Hammerstein I wanted to have a griffin.
Here you can see the development of the crest from left to right.














Once pleased with the design I tried it on the first trooper, using Bubonic Brown as base color.
 












With some minor adjustments I applied it to all the bodyguards.














For the other shoulder I wasn't sure at all. I tried to do something with the Inquisitorial colors - white, red, black, gold - Red, white, black was out of the question, as it resembles the German Kriegsflagge. Red, white, red is the Austrian flag, which I didn't want to use either.
So I experimented with red, white, gold a bit.














But that didn't work out either.
So in the end I used the red, white, red with a black Inquisitorial "I" superimposed.














Still a touch too much WWII Germans for my liking, but without historical legacy, it looks great.
So here are the finished bodyguards.














I'm quite pleased with the result.














I wasn't quite happy with Felicitas zu Hammerstein and some of the color transitions.
So I reworked some areas - especially the face.
She acquired an eye-patch and I think it looks better now.














So here's the visiting party on the ATHENA deck.














I can't suppress a grin.














The piper.














And last not least I started with the ATHENA reception party.
They're all in Dencara Navy Blues.














Still a long way to go, but I'm actually pleased with the progress.
What do you think?
Cheers
klaus