Tuesday, August 25, 2009

ATHENA - Steampunk Airship (15)

Aaaaaah :)
Finally she's back on my table.
Eventhough she's allready subject to a major operation, and I cut the jump deck apart, it feels good to work on the ATHENA again.

As you can see, I cut the lower jump deck apart, so I can extend it across the complete length.
Why you ask?
Well, I was thinking about armaments while I worked on my secret side project.
So far I had mainly worked on the upper deck, where the aircrafts will take off, and where the main focus is on Air-Defense.
But besides the aircraft carrier role, it is also a base for jump/drop troops (the jum deck obviously), as well as a weapons platform for ground attacks and bombardments.
So I was looking at the available weapons that would/could make sense.
So we have:
  1. Hellstrike ATG Missile - unlimited range
  2. Gryphonne IV Mk3 bomb (500 lbs) - 48"
  3. Gryphonne IV Mk17 Incinary bomb - 48"
  4. Marauder heavy bomb - 12"-48"
  5. Multiple Rocket Pods - 24"
  6. Demolisher Cannon - 24"
  7. Stormsword Siege Cannon - 36"
  8. Manticore Missile - 36"-300"
Yummy :)
Plus I think the ATHENA could be used to simulate planetary bombardments... Hmm, the Inquisition has some nice options for torpedoes....

Well, as you can see, there are quite some options. So I think I will mount the Siege Cannon in the nose of the Jump Deck - so it can be depressed quite far down. I'll surely have several bomb shafts, and maybe some launchers for two torpedoes plus a Manticore array...

Ideas, suggestions, criticism?
Cheers
Klaus