With the rear deck mostly completed and armour plates in place, I realised that I wouldn't have the chance to access this area once it is mounted, so I had to paint it before.
Eventhough I'm still not sure about the final paint scheme, I decided to use Astonomican Grey as base color - this area is more or less interior, so it won't interfere too much with the final outer paint scheme.

To emphasize the steampunk topic even more, I decided to give some of the pieces a wooden surface.

Together with the brass, I think this looks pretty steampunk, doesn't it?

For the other pieces I kept the paint pattern of black base coat, drybrushed with Boltgun and some items painted in Tin Biz and Dwarf Bronze.
Eventhough I'm still not sure about the final paint scheme, I decided to use Astonomican Grey as base color - this area is more or less interior, so it won't interfere too much with the final outer paint scheme.

To emphasize the steampunk topic even more, I decided to give some of the pieces a wooden surface.

Together with the brass, I think this looks pretty steampunk, doesn't it?

For the other pieces I kept the paint pattern of black base coat, drybrushed with Boltgun and some items painted in Tin Biz and Dwarf Bronze.

















