Friday, July 9, 2010

Tiger Team (3)

Hey guys,
I finished the officer of the Tiger Team...

WOW! I'm really excited how nice he turned out!

He still need the knee pads, ammo pouches, ect.

But the pose is spot on.

Really just what I had in mind.

So the next on my list was the second pilot.
For this I readied the following pieces.

This is normally the arm holding the mortar grenade.
I shaved off a standard Cadian helmet, cut out the grenade and put the two together.

This is the arm from the HQ sprue that normally holds the cane.
For this caracter he will hold a canvas bag.

For the leg I exchanged the boots with two that are flat on the ground, not walking ones.

Then I sculpted a visor to the helmet,

as well as some straps hangingn down.

Then the basic bag - still needs a lot of detail, but first this GS needs to cure.


While the GS cured, I started to work on the sniper rifle.

:)


And as previously mentioned, I want to try to create a Ghillie suit.
I have seen several versions sculpted from GS, but I wanted to try something different.
So I cut a lot of thin plastic stripes...

and started to glue them to the model.

He will later hold the sniper rifle by the barrel

and once the glue completely cured I will press some of the plastic stips closer to the body, but I think this will work out nicely (fingerscrossed)

Finally I did the basic assembly for the pilot - he will look over the officers shoulder.



Well, that's all for today.
I hope you like it.
C&C welcome and apreciated.
Cheers
Klaus