Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Raid on Port Corinth (10)

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay in updates, but my shoulder is acting up again ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impingement_syndrome ) and an operation seems to become more and more probable.
 
Nevertheless, I have a nice update for you.
As you may recall I was last working on creating a force field effect. Using clear plastic card and a hex pattern I came up with this:
 
 
Even though it's not sooooo bad looking I have to admit it's not what I envisioned.
 

So I decided to go without the effect - I reworked the structure of the "lava" and prepared everything for priming.
 
The desk reading for painting :)
 
I started with the port area, painting the stones, pipes and containers and boxes.
 
 

Without the force field I would have a lot of discussions about the vehicles swimming through lava.
So I decided to try something new.
Lets go for some green liquid - almost like chemical waste.
 
After the base color I added lighter shades of green
 
 
Looks like a rather "pleasant" swimming pool, doesn't it?
Satisfied with the water and the base colors for the harbour, I started to highlight the areas that will be affected by OSL - just a simple light white drybrush.
 
And then I started with the vehicles, using the standard Dencara Tiger Flash pattern ( http://fischers-design-shop.blogspot.de/p/dencara-paint-schemes.html )
To harmonize the vehicles with the water, I added some "scorch marks" to the paint job.
And since the liquid may be corrosive, I added some blank metal.

Finally I added first details to the vehicles.
Still a rather long way to go.
I hope you like today's update.
Cheers
klaus