Friday, April 24, 2015

The Hunt (5)

Hi all,
thank you for your feedback and comments.

Despite being handicapped by lumbago (or Hexenschuss - Witches Shot as we call it in German) I was able to get quite some stuff done.

First I sculpted the saddle.
Rather simple in style
 
And I also created the stirrups.
 
Then I decided to also give her a bow. I used some wire from a clothes hanger as base and used GreenStuff for the finer shape and details
 
A bow needs arrows, right?
 
And a quiver.
 
This is where it will be positioned.
 
Oh, and here you can see the start of her hair.
 
After the basic shape of the ponytail was cured I added the actual hair.
 
 
Just these hair took almost a day, as I had to wait for the GreenStuff to cure before continuing.
But I think the result was worth my time :)
 
 
 
Then I worked some more on her face.
Adding brows and eyelashes as well as ornamental gems - yes these dots aren't pimples :)
 
 
And some earrings and piercings
 
 
Then I tried the ornamental feathers.
 
But that didn't look right, so I removed them again.
 
Next I sculpted a backpack
 
and detailed it with GreenStuff
 
And that's it!
She's done!
:)
 
 
 
 
 
 
I'm quite happy with the result.
 
What about you? What do you think?

Well, as mentioned for the diorama scene she'll be hunting a "fireboar" - a mythical creature from hell, with a fiery skin and a fierce attitude :)

Again I started off with a metal armature
And then SuperSculpey again.
 
In the end I used a whole pound of SuperSculpey for this beast.
 
Here's the first try for the fire skin
 
But that was too soft, so I cut it deeper
 
and then made it a bit smoother again.
 
 
After I baked the body in the oven, I started the head.
 
An innocent start again
 
But his character shows quickly
 
 
Say "CHEEEESE!"
 
Not a pleasant companion
 
The Fire-Boar
 
And this is it :)
Now I will sleep over it, maybe leave it alone for a day or two and then check if I find anything that I'm not happy with and then it's paint time.
Cheers
Klaus