Wednesday, August 16, 2017

THANATOS AAC (6)

Hi all,
thank you for your feedback and suggestions.

Since the last update I created an "automatic grenade launcher" like the US M19 AGL.
 
And I mounted it on the back of the quad, together with a dynamically posed gunner.
 
 But then I had doubts and checked the height with the passenger bay...
Gee!
Too high!
I could pose it on the ramp
 
but sooner or later one of you would measure :)
 
So, back to the drawing board.
 
Instead of a quad, why not a Tauros based vehicle?
 
I also created a small gouge to ensure the proper height this time :)
 
First shapes.
 
Fenders
 
Putty for the body
 
 
At this point I realized the tires are kind of narrow.
So I started the widen them.
 
GreenStuff can be your saviour.
 
Body mostly completed.
 
But not much space left.
 
So a very low turret is needed.
 
Twin Automatic Grenade Launchers in a small automated turret, with fold-down antennae.
 
Tight fit :)
 
I still need to do some cleanup, but I think I'm about 90% done.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 What do you think?
Anything still missing, some gross errors?
Thanks

Klaus