Tuesday, August 29, 2017

THANATOS AAC (8)

Hi all,
again thank you very much for your feedback and suggestions! I really appreciate the participation :)

Malevengion suggested to add a wreck to the scene.
So I looked through my stash of vehicles that I could use.
 
In the end I decided to use the KRATOS Assault Gun (http://fischers-design-shop.blogspot.de/2007/08/3d-kratos-airborne-assault-gun.html) I created in 2007 and "modify" it to the scene :)
 
And I positioned it to the left side.
 
The actual setting of the scene also changed.
The story I choose is set on Dencara V, where the Governor of Port Singh, on the Terra Perpierit became corrupted by the Chaos and called out a revolution.
In the typical Dencaran style the response will be swift and thorough...

So the scene is now set in the courtyard of the Governors palace, where the assault force lands.
The corrupted occupants wasted no time and began converting the palace to Chaos...
 
On DakkaDakka Anvildude suggested to use some mud and water splashes for the scene.
Unfortunately Dencara is very dry and desert-like planet.
But hey! With a revolution ongoing, there will be blood. Lot's of blood. Puddles of blood :)
So I poured some water effects on the base where the blood will gather.
 
Unfortunately the plaster is very porous and so the water effects vanished over night.
 
I will re-pour them after the scene is primed :)

And this brings me to another new  element of the scene.
I decided to leave the TAUROS off - he will get his own little scene together with the Quad - and instead add an "executioner" - thank you whalemusic360:
...really get an inquisitor stealth landing craft vibe from the whole thing. Not sure if you read the HH novels, but the one with the assassin team that sets out to kill Horus has a ship, and this is pretty much what was in my head...
These 3 are from the newest Raging Heroes range "Daugthers of the Crucible" amazing minis.
So here is now the assemble gathered on the stage
Dr H and Red Harvest on DakkaDakka suggested:


That would be the guy working the automatic weapon to give covering fire to the assault troops. I think it would be a nice addition. Perhaps the weapon is suspended from the ceiling?
And so I added these two troopers covering from the inside of the passenger bay.
No assault goes without causality and so one of the machine gunners bit the dust...
 
But the commander of the turret is defiant :)
 
Some of you may remember Commisar Kalteisen - aka "Little Lenin" from 2009 ( http://fischers-design-shop.blogspot.de/2009/05/hektor-ogryn-bodyguard-final.html ).
I decided to use him as the Captain of the THANTOS on the bridge - removing the captains chair.
Additionally I added some dead Cultists and some little flames.
 
And with that I was ready to start riveting...
 
So here I am :)
What do you think of the change of story and the new setting?
Ideas, suggestions, improvements?
I look forward to your comments!
Cheers
Klaus