Between 2020 and 2024 I hardly painted anything and completed practically nothing.
Then finally in November 24 I completed the Dreamer and my Mojo started to come back.
That's when all of my friends encouraged me to finally participate in a real competition or event.
Since many of the WhatsApp group "Malkreis Rhein-Main-Neckar und Rest der Welt" were helping with the organization of the Bembel Miniature Cup and Rödelheim is relatively close to where I live, I decided to give it a try - just this one!
I was sure that my friends were exaggerating and that I wouldn't win anything.
Actually I wasn't sure what to expect at all and other than the Dreamer I didn't know what to pack.
When I had my preliminary selection ready I was made aware that most had no plinth!
A miniature without plinth is kind of "drowning" between all the other miniatures.
So I spent a few days frantically creating plinths for the models - mostly just crude wooden blocks.
And I needed a transport box! OMG!
So ordered a nice large wooden box
But I also had to modify it to get the models inside - who'd have thought all this was neccessary?
(here you can see that the quickly attached plinths are not yet painted either)
A strap for carrying was also neededAnd knowing me, you probably guessed I couldn't have a blank wooden box, right?A few hours of chaos later
A bit of Moebius style
Some of the models were secured merely by magnetic foil
But in the end everything was ready and I drove to Rödelheim.
I was pretty early and one of the first to set-up.
But seeing all the awesome works really made my heart full of joy of the sheer creativity. But also drop a bit, because I knew I had absolutely no chance to win ANYTHING!.
Great works like Mike RockhousesSo much great stuff! Please visit the 2025 gallery to get an idea!
Here's the link to "Storytelling - Standard" in which I participated.
But Saturday was really great! I met so many people I only knew from online. Met new friends like Mike Rockhouse, Nekropainter, Lucas, Ro to name just a few!
And so I drove home that evening pretty happy, but quite content.I showed alll the images I took to my wife and said that I was way below the level of creativity and skill displayed.
Nevertheless, I was planning to drive back to Rödelheim on Sunday morning, determined to have a good time.
And I did.
Around noon some of the first "highly recommended" tags appeared on the displays. But none for me.
OK, I didn't really expect that either - hoping yes, I do admit.
Then I went up onto the display area again and to my absolute astonishment I found this medal at my display"!
I had won a special award by the SMC guys!
I was flabbergasted! SMC is THE modelshow in Europe!
That was so great! I was happy beyond expectation.
My stuff wasn't so bad after all.
And then came the award ceremony
Many of my friends were called up on stage to get their prizes and medals.
And then to my shock the winners for Storytelling-Standard were announced.
I won GOLD!
Unbelievable! A gold medal and a SMC special award
Wow, I was completely stunned.
And finally the "Best of..." were announced.
I couldn't believe it! I won "Best of Standard" for my display
Comments
Post a Comment