This project was actually a conversion of two wonderful kits. Abel and Ares by Kimera Models.
After I purchased the kits I had a pretty good and at the time daring plan to convert the two into a duel.
Despite the high investment I started to cut the two apart
and arrange Abel into a dynamic pose
Ares was also cut into sections and rearranged
To connect the two figures but keep the flexibility of individual miniatures I used a pin in Ares armAbel got his flaming sword
And then the two were posed togetherI was really happy with the conversionAfter that both were primed and I started paintingI tried several approaches, but none was really satisfiyng to meI was afraid I completely messed up and kind of wasted the two kits.
But then at least the shield looked good
And so I re-started the painting for Ares
But it was the third attempt that finally worked
Next I had the idea of a red cloak that also was a nightsky on the inside
It was a lot of frustrating back and forth
But finally I was ready to start with Abel
I used a paint and color scheme quite different from Kirill (as I was well aware I could NEVER match his)
It was very interesting to work with the cold blue and white in contrast to the warm red and orange of the fiery Ares
I'm still not sure if the reflection of the fire and lava on Abels body was a good idea or notBut, this is it!
I'm still not sure if the reflection of the fire and lava on Abels body was a good idea or notBut, this is it!
Comments
Post a Comment