Hello and welcome back to my little workshop.
If you've been here before, you probably remember me tinkering away on
Imperial Guard airships, steampunk infantry, and the odd super-heavy tank. If
you're new here:
Hi, I'm Klaus, and this blog has quietly existed since
2007, mostly documenting my scratchbuilding and painting adventures in the
Warhammer 40k hobby.
A lot has changed since then. Life happened, priorities shifted, and for a long stretch the blog simply sat here, half-forgotten, while I kept building and painting elsewhere. The Dei Greci family of vehicles, ZEUS, ATHENA, and all the dioramas from that era are still here though, tucked away in the Archive for anyone who wants to dig through seventeen years of hobby history, including some genuinely embarrassing early paintjobs.
These days I work under the name KNS or Klaus, not Santa. I sculpt mostly in ZBrush, paint miniatures, and build dioramas that are part of a larger, original story I've been developing: the Wilma & Vladimir universe. Two explorers, a droid, an overly enthusiastic creature companion, and a growing journal-style project called "Journeys of Memory", combining diorama photography, handwritten notes, and narrative text into something between a scrapbook and a storybook.
This blog is becoming my Workbench, the place where I document works in progress, competition prep (The Bembel Cup 2025 was my first physical miniature competition ever! - before I only participated in some online contests.), and the occasional detour into whatever happens to be eating my attention that week.
Speaking of which, I'm still exactly as jumpy with my projects as I used to be. Some things never change.
So welcome to the next chapter of this small workshop. Same curiosity, new stories.
Cheers, Klaus
Comments
Post a Comment