Stargazer (2019)


 Stargazer is a conversion based on Banshee's Anonimous 2.0 contest.

Eventough I did purchase the bust in time I was - like so often - distracted by another project (the Monster Rider) and didn't finish it in time.
So I never entered the official competition, not that it mattered in the least :)

My idea was to convert the bust into a spacefarer (surprise, eh?)
For this I even cut the head of and turned it up and sideways a bit, giving him the pose of looking up into the sky and far way.


As you can see I did a lot of GreenStuff work here.


Admittedly, my vision of the starfarer glancing at the distance didn't include any plinth or such. I had to improvise.

While building this "backdrop" I had an idea of a steampunk spaceship - though noone knows why he's kind of disembodied on a plinth.
Anyhow, with steampunk in mind, the base colors were quickly set.
Many, many moons ago I learned that for skin colors, green is the perfect foundation

Which is still true and it really worked well
On the base colored backdrop it began to look quite nice

For the glasses I added a little reflection of the stars

And so I painted the space background for the window
And here he is - The Stargazer

I hope you like him.

Cheers

Comments