Tuesday, December 27, 2016

2016

Hi all!

Still around?
Well I hope you had some wonderful holidays and time with the family.
Now that the year is coming to a close, I want to thank you all for being part of the journey.
In 2016 my wife and I did quite some travel and met many nice people.

But I also had considerable hobby time and I was able to finish 4 projects completely this year!
 
In February I finished the "Raiders of the Lost Light" diorama.
That was quite lot of work and fun.
Many new thing I tired. Worked a lot with the airbrush and experimented with artificial spider webs.

In the wake of the Raiders I built the "Rumble in the Rubble" diorama.
While actually not a bad diorama it isn't as captivating as the Raiders, and lack a bit of focus.
Nevertheless a fun project.

In May I completed the "Meeting of Scouts" diorama.
This one I've built specifically for the Scale Model Addict "Big Spring Contest" and I got a "Silver" for it :)
One vehicle is based on the EPIALES family and the other is wheeled scout vehicle.

In June I finally finished the ATHENA!
 









Started in 2009 I spent about 12 months working on it. 
It went through many redesigns and survived one major accident (as well as it outlived 3 cats *sniff*).
I'm mighty glad I was able to finish it :)

In August we got our two cats and hobby time declined rapidly :)
But I was able to finish one Dr Who sculpture in time for Christmas (not my wife's birthday as planned)
 
















I also have several started sculptures that would like to get some attention....
 
 











But they'll have to wait till next year :)
I have started something new - but am not sure how far I'll get with it.
Many projects ideas are percolating in the back of my head, but none is yet bursting out.
:D

Well, last not least, Ben and Luna, are wishing you a good time.













And they keep a close eye on what's going on on my desk.
 












So I hope you all had a good 2016 and I wish you an even better 2017!
Have a good time.
Cheers
Klaus