Monday, November 29, 2010

ATHENA - Steampunk Airship (74)

Sorry for the lack of updates, but the last weeks were horrible.
First I got an "angina" which developed into a suspected pneumonia, and now calmed down to some very heavy coughing. And on Friday we had to put our 16 year old cat JoJo to sleep.
It was very hard for me to let our litte princess go, even though I did know it was time - almost too late for a pieceful and dignified end.
I hope she's now at a better place, beyond pain and cancer.

As you can imagine, this completely "took the wind out of my sails"... but since I don't know when and how I will continue, I wanted at least to wrap up what I've done since the last update.

Here you can see the space available as landing platform.
Big enough for the CHARON,

the THANTALOS,

and the STRIX.


And then I started to work on the main turret. As discussed I'm aiming at a triple Earthshaker.
The gun tubes with details.

A first positioning test.

Size matters :-P

The base plate of the turret.




So I continued with the actual gun mount.



And then started with the first armour plates.



Side walls.

And the final turret.


It still needs a lot of details and ornaments, but the basic turret is done.
As said, I don't know when and how I will continue, as with JoJo most of my motivation is gone.
Maybe I will do something completely different, maybe I will submerge into the wold of some computer game again...I really don't know.