Thursday, July 24, 2008

ZEUS super heavy (12)

Over the last few days I added the track covers. Since there are the (potential) seats for the transported Infantry Squads beneath the covers, I made them removable.


By a simple set of holes and pins the cover can be removed and offers view into the Infantry compartment.


Next I tinkered with the "face" of the ZEUS.
It is a set of lights with some fans/radiators for the engine intakes on top. The question was where to put them.
Option A was in the lower part of the glacis:

Option B was in the upper part of the glacis:

Option C was at the forward end of the glacis:

Here's a close-up view of the fans.

They were originally made for the Charon air transport. I made some moulds and cast of them, and will use them on the ZEUS.

I decided to go for Option C:



Next were all the rivets...


All in all, I'm very satisfied with ZEUS' face.
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment