Friday, September 7, 2018

HERMES MkII Air Assault (4)

Hi all,

some of you may remember the armed version of my HERMES air transport.
 
I started this project in July 2016(!) after I completed the ATHENA.
But I never completed it.
Last week I was sitting in my office, placing the GOTHICA II and The Guardian in the display cabinets and I spotted the HERMES in its unfinished state in the cabinet.

Not sure what really sparked it, but suddenly I remembered the movie "6 Days" about the kidnapping in the Iranian Embassy in London...
So how would my Dencarian troops free a Governor?
Some may remember a very similar story for the THANATOS ( http://fischers-design-shop.blogspot.com/2017/10/thanatos-aac-14.html )

I decided to create a scene where the HERMES delivers a troop of special forces to free a kidnapped Governor...
Maybe in the style of the "Swift, Silent, Deadly"?
 
For this I first built the rooftop of the embassy
















And then I went to model the first trooper.



He will be standing at the roof access door
Well, that's as far as I got.
It's a start :)
Cheers
Klaus