Thursday, March 28, 2019

Monster Rider (4)

Hi all,
finally an update!
I was blocked by some health issues and then catching back up with real-life work.
But now I finally have some time at hand.
unfortunately the deadline for the contest (April 8th) is now approaching fast.
I'm sure I won't be able to enter it painted...  :(

Since my last update I did a first test with the hand and staff.
 
I wasn't convinced by the hand, so I took it back off :)
But I started with the rider's turban.
 
Some of you older ones my know Chris Achilleos' "Harem Guard" 
Which is an illustration I always loved. So I will try to build my rider in her spirit.
Here you can see the initial version of her staff - which I killed quite quickly
 
The start of her tunic
 
The Wolp'er-Tingah got some details, like the stitches,
 
some tubes,
 
more tubes,
 
and more stitches.
 
Then I started with her boots and the "skirt"
 
I also worked on the base for the temple
 
Not very well visible...a bit better in b/w and high contrast

I also sculpted a column (unfortunately I can't remove the supporting roll without breaking the column...)
 
While her skirt broke off (it was a mix of SuperSculpey and Greenstuff) I finished the boots, made a new staff and began to sculpt her hand.
I hope to have some more images soon.
Cheers
klaus