Monday, May 19, 2014

Raid on Port Corinth (6)

Hi all,
so my first task was to find the proper position and "stance" of the amphibious vehicles.
The first PONOS is to be close to the steps and maybe even a bit of "bobbing on the waves".
 
With the sides properly built up to simulate the bobbing, I had to apply some putty (not the last time you'll read this today) to cover some of my errors.
 
But after sanding the hull looks rather nice.
 
In addition I added some structure to the lava around the two PONOS'
 
For the second PONOS I decided to create a "support version" with a obstacle breaching gun - or or short, stubby howitzer. For this I covered a part of the passenger hatches to provide a base for the turret.
The first PONOS received an open weapons station, with a twin Bolter, some armor and a mounted rocket launcher.
The launcher is in a stand-by position that hopefully makes sense.....
For the howitzer turret I started with the turret base and a smaller roof shape.
 
To build the turret up I glued some 1cm high spacers onto the base,
 
and then mounted the roof.
 
With the roof in position I could then add the sides.
 
Needs putty though :)
 
But I think it is a nice shape, isn' it?
 
On the PONOS
 
The first raw gun...
 
and the final, more detailed gun.
 
Including some more turret details such as sights and sensors.
 
Both PONOS' on the base.
 
To bring some more action to the scene I decided to add a Medic that is jumping from the left PONOS to the steps, to attend the wounded trooper I already have.
For this I used the new Mad Robot flak vest torso and fatigue legs, plus standard IG arms.
 
He will carry a medic bag, and maybe some more accessories.

Finally I added some storage containers to the vehicles.
 
Now I will have to add a lot of details, like view-ports, hatches, lights, sensors, and RIVETS!
I hope you like today's update and look forward to your feedback.
Cheers
Klaus