Wednesday, February 11, 2015

The Princess (4)

Hi all,
back from my workshop in Philadelphia PA.
I had a surprisingly enjoyable trip with Lufthansa - in an Airbus 340-600 where half the seats weren't booked (both ways), so lots of room :)
And the Lufthansa personnel is a LOT more friendly than the US Airways dragons.
It was also the first time I used a smart phone app to check in and get my boarding pass the day prior. Really cool.
Worked like a charm in Frankfurt (departing).
But in the US airport of Philadelphia it didn't (*grin*). They had to print a paper boarding pass - "this (electronic boarding pass) is no good here" - High Tech *lol*
Well, I'm back in my timezone, no jet lag, so time to get back to work on the Princess.
Since the last update with the still rather flat golden parts...


I worked some more on the golden wings,



















slowly giving it more depth and temperature.



















I think this looks pretty good now. I will probably add some final highlights and shadows with the airbrush when I set the real light and OSL effects.



















Next I painted the golden ornaments for the backrest.















Even the scales turned out nicely.















Last night I worked on the remaining golden ornaments at the front,



















and painted the highlights and shadows of the cloth on the throne.



















Combined with the platform,



















and with the Princess seated.



















I hope I can finish most of the throne today or tomorrow and will then start with the carpets.
So, what do you think?
I look forward to your comments, feedback and suggestions.
Cheers
Klaus