Tuesday, February 24, 2015

The Princess (7)

Hi all,
thank you for your feedback and comments :)

Since the last update I added one more set of patterns to the rear drapes.
Simple stylized dragons.
 
Once the two Watch-Wher's sit in front the drapes will be hardly visible.
 
Speaking of the two Wher's.
My plan was to make them "bronze" colored.
 
After three coats I had a halfway decent base color, together with the blue eyes.
 
Getting the first shadows on was also relatively easy
 
But somehow I couldn't get a decent and even color coat - it always looked dirty or smeared.
 
So I decided to remove the paint completely!
It was quite a mess, I can assure you.
 
But then I finally got them completely color free.
 
And gave them a new matte black base coat.
 
And changed the color setting completely.
Now they are blue.
 
Shades worked out better this time.
 
 
To give me a better impression how all the color will work together in the end, I decided to give the princess a fist coat of skin color.
 
What a change!
 
And with the little Fire-Lizards - but they will hopefully be bronze colored!
Cross your fingers for me.
So after the shadows I started to add highlights.
 
And then the second Wher was painted.
 
I'm quite pleased with the blue skin and they work with the other colors.
 
 
 
So what do you think?
I look forward to your comments and feedback.
Cheers
Klaus