Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Dragon-Girl (1)

Hi all,
thank you for your comments and feedback.

While I'm still experimenting with the finish for the hunt diorama (I think I will add this background),
I already started a new project.
Dragon-Girl.
A Dragon-Girl hybrid - the topic was inspired by a contest theme on DeviantArt.

It will be considerably smaller than the last ones, as she's "only" 16cm standing.
Here you can see the armature with the first pieces of clay on it.
The advantage here is that it is fully posable, while already providing some stability.
 
Next I started with the face.
This is a very new scale to me. Quite larger than any WH40K faces, but a lot smaller than the last ones.
 
While the heads ( I tried 4 different versions) were baked and cooling off (as seen in the background) I added the wing armature.
 
 
Once pleased with the pose, I started to add mass.
 
 
I decided to go with this rather alien face and started to add the armature for horns as well as a central piece that will hold (stylized) flames.
 
A first version of the feet.
 
The horns and ears for the head.
 
Then I worked out a bi-handed sword for the girl.
 
This will make the pose more plausible.
 
With the head
 
 
For the base I have the idea of a round section with her "stash", lots of gold coins and gems.
For the coins I started to punch various sizes and strengths of plastic card.
 
Mounted the head in final position.
 
and added a bony ridge to the back.
 
Worked up the chest :)
 
And the entire length of the back now has the bony ridge plus a scorpion-like sting at the end.
 
Well, that's as far as I got since 22nd May (when I started).
What do you think?
Cheers
Klaus