Thursday, December 13, 2018

Erebus - a new tank (4)

Hi all,
thank you for the positive feedback and comments!

Continuing form the last post I continued with the engine deck.
Instead of the long grill the other vehicles have decide to give it a turbine look.
So I cut a hole into the deck
Then I cut a second thinner, but slightly larger disk and drew the fan blades
I cut them to about a few millimeters to the center and then carefully twisted them up with a set of  tweezers - not careful enough, as one blade broke off
Finally I glued the "fan onto a piece of plastic card, re-aligning the blades in the proper angle.
 
A set of spacers for the proper distance  
And then glued in place.
To make things complete, I added a cover ring
I think it will look better, than the original deck - and it is different :)
Next I added the drivers hatch and the mounts for the lights
Next up was the hatch for the loader with the MG mount
I also added the hatches for the ammo load and cartridge ejection (the little round one) as well as access panels
 
Last not least I added the front lights and the closed commanders cupola
 
Still a lot of detailing, hatches, sights and lights to do
 
Well, that's as far as I got.
Cheers
Klaus