Thursday, January 3, 2019

EREBUS and ALALA (7)

Hi all,

Happy New Year and best wishes to you!
I hope you had a good start into the new year and are now rested and fit, eager to continue running projects or ready to start something new.

Luckily I'm still with this project and so continued from the last update.
After sanding the outer armor I loosely fitted the wheels again for a visual concept check.
 
Yes, looks pretty much the way I intended.
 
I still have to figure out how to keep the interior visible in the final scene
 
most likely the rear ramp will be open.
 
Two comparison shots with the big brother
 
Siblings ;)
 
One section of the interior that I had not tackled so far was the center
 
Again slide-in-and-out
 
 
And a raised platform (on hydraulics) for the gunner
 
these are standard WH40K legs
 
So on the platform the gunner is raised waist high
 
again, the view through the rear ramp
 
Next I need to adjust the roof accordingly
 
the roof hatch cut out
 
Cool look
 
And the pieces spread out
 
The next evening I cut the opening for the crew hatches and the raised turret ring for the MG.
 
Last night I then worked on the suspension.
 
The first test mount
 
I finished and mounted 3 wheels...
 
more to come ;)
The front wheels will also need a different set-up
I hope you like today's update.
Cheers
Klaus