Monday, October 25, 2010

Dirtmuncha! (2)

Thanks everyone :)

Well, again, progress is slow. With all the "corner damaging" that's neccessary for the Ork look that I aim for...

...it takes considerably longer, than a clean IG build.

But I was able to complete the outside for the engine room,

as well as closing all the little holes and gaps on the inside.

Once everything was cured I primed the Dirtmuncha with black.
And after priming, it was time to re-arrange the desk.
From Ork-build-Chaos to

Paint station order - in less than 20 minutes :)

The first paint was a rusty mix of browns.

Then some dark reds and blues.


Here you can see the Mek and his assistant as well as the engine with all their base colors applied - ready for inking.

Details in the engine room, also ready for inking.



After the first wash of Badab Black.


And a reference shot for OSL...

...I'm still not sure if I can pull it off with OSL, as I never did it before, but the tight and dark confines of the engine room, as well as the well defined light source (just one light bulb on the ceiling), this is probably the best chance I'll ever get for OSL.
So if have some experience to share, links to recommend, or just some "good luck" to wish, let me know :)
Cheers
Klaus