Friday, November 5, 2010

ATHENA - Steampunk Airship (70)

Wow! The 70th ATHENA post!
Certainly more posts than I needed for any other project - the ZEUS only required about 30 posts :)

Well, last night I continued with the forward plates of the bridge's first floor.

It takes some time to cut all the ornaments and fit everything into the angles.

But I'm very pleased with the lines.

I will leave the rear walls open for the time being, till I'm 100% sure how the rest of the bridge will look and maybe I'll use this area for another Mural Window or such...


With the two Hydras in place.


And to solve the mystery of the missing doors in the front plates.
The actual nose area with the 2 Twin Auto-Cannons and the rocket launcher, can be accessed via the two doors marked in red.

And for the area between the nose and the bridge, I plan to do some hatches, like in the image below. But before I do that, I have to look into the final position of the big turret, as well as all other weapons I may place there (potentially the vertical lunchers for the Manticore and some AA missiles).


We'll see.
Thanks for reading and I look forward to your comments, feedback and suggestions.
Cheers
Klaus