I hope you had a good weekend and are desperately looking forward to an update from me :)
Hehe, I certainly was able to get some painting done - not as much as I wished, but worth an update nevertheless.
I completed the gaiters with Snakebite Leather.
Then I used a very dark grey as base for all the black parts. By not using Chaos Black I can still add some shadows to the black areas easily.
For the visors I used a blue-ish version of the dark grey (hopefully) giving the impression of a semi-transparent blue visor.
Kommando Khaki was used for the various personal items.
Battlegrey for the battery packs.
And various little details that I didn't document.
They come together quite good.
But still a long way to go.
More details, like the lenses and flashlights.
One of the last steps are the shoulder pads with the green smiley - MHI logo from Larry Correia's "Monster Hunter International" series.
Then it was time to look into the cinematic effects.
Flames and Muzzle Flashes!
Here's a mid process shot of the flamer :)
While some of the paint dried I positioned the HERCULES on the base, to see how his camo pattern will work.
Wow! I really like it!
I'm still not really sure how I will do the laser beams, but I decided to give green a try...
First position shot!
The flames and muzzle flashes still need one more color (white : Sunburst Yellow mix) for the extreme highlights.
With the unfinished laser beams...
And the business end :D
All in all I like how it progresses, even without any OSL effects so far.
I hope you like it too :)
Thanks for your time reading through this update and I hope you enjoyed the update.
I look forward to your feedback and suggestions.