Monday, September 24, 2012

Orkalypse Now (15)

Thanks guys :)

Today is a large post, with 35+ images!
And the PONOS is complete, the diorama is done :)
I'm really glad, and I have to admit, I'm very proud of it.

But lets start where we left off last time.
I completed the two banners with the slogans.
On the left exit ramp one can read:
"Miror Invictus" - Death before Defeat












On the rear ramp the slogan states:
"Aut Vincere Aut Mori" - Either to conquer or to die












With these two items complete I gave the PONOS a thorough wash of deluted black.












After the wash was dried it was "sponge time" and I used a mix of dark brown and black to add wear and tear.
 












As you can see, the PONOS is now a well ridden battle horse :)
 











 













And the ramp on which Major Risemann stands also received its fair share of damage
 












The nose...
 











 












 












 













And on the base :)
 












Then some more touch ups with Boltgun Silver to make some of the marks deeper.
 











 












 












 












 












After the battle damage was completed I added pigments.
 











 












 












 












 












After I had all the dust and grime on the model, I gave it a good coat of clear varnish and started the final steps.
This included the remaining muzzle flash...
 












And the small impacts on the PONOS side
 












And the final light effects!
 












DONE!
 












Then I went outside to give it a final coat of clear varnish. 
So here are some daylight images.
 











 












 












 











 













And here it is in the display cabinet
 












In good comany :)
 












To give you all some good photos I set up the lightbox .....
 












But these images will be in a seperate post in a few minutes ;)

Thank you for your time and feedback during this exciting project. It was a lot of fun trying new things and pushing my personal envelop a bit further.
I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did and I look forward to your feedback.
Cheers
Klaus