Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Ghosts in the Rubble (5)

Hi all,
I made good progress over the last few days and since I had a day off today, I was able to finish the dio!

After applying the base colors I looked into a symbol for the shoulder patches. I'm not really sure why, but I wanted to do something with an eye - like the Egyptian Ra or the all-seeing eye on top of the pyramid. After a lot of doodling around I came up with this abstraction.
 
I really like it, so I decided to draw it onto all the shoulder pads.
 
And on both sides.
 
Here are all the Imperial troopers with their base colors.
 
Then they got some washes.
First a wash of Devlan Mud or Agrax Earthshade,
then a wash of Badab Black or Nuln Oil,
then a wash of Seraphim Sepia for the skin areas,
and another go of black for the shades.

Once the washes dried I applied the highlights.
Here are the first four troopers
 
And all of them!
 
DONE!
:)
 
I'm quite happy how they look in their new home.
 
 
Later today I will post some more high quality images in the lightbox.
I hope you like how this little scene turned out.
I look forward to your C&C
Cheers
Klaus