Tuesday, May 22, 2012

ATHENA - Steampunk Airship (76)

Thanks for your comments!

@Roncarlin2002 - that's an excellent idea! I will see if I can incorporate one with the plotting table in the conference room - next piece coming up ;)

@Kiski - welcome to the blog :) Well the ATHENA is actually a bit more than an Imperial Ship, it will be an AIRSHIP (hopefully, one of these days)

@Admiral Drax - yes, I was thinking about it, but unfortunately I already have two bulkheads (doors) that utilize the space on the rear wall of the bridge. But maybe I just add two portholes to these two doors?
I will have to think about it.

Well, after the last update I changed my desk configuration to "painting mode" (and before you ask: no, I have no clue how many colors I have, but you're welcome to count :)


And after some painting this is how the Plotting Table now looks.

I'm very pleased with it

What do you think?

In the observation room


And here are the 3 observers in the middle of the painting session
and done.

And the whole scene complete and mounted.

Unfortunately it will later be hardly visible at all...




Especially once the ATHENA hull is on top of the deck

But it was worth the fun :)
So now on we go with the bridge and the command conference room :)
I hope you liked todays update.
C&C welcome
Cheers
Klaus