More than just once I was tempted to throw the model off my desk. For some reason the model simply didn't accept the colors well...hmm, sounds strange...regardless of what I painted, somehow it never looked good.
2 times I was ready to throw her into a "Simple Green" bath to strip the paint.
Well I fought the urge and "bit my way through".
Here you can see my "cheat" photos. I took them right after the build with a little flashlight simulating the neon light, to give me a good impression of the lights and shadows.
And here is the final Sister Emila.
I'm so f***ing glad I'm through.
I took no step-by-step photos, as I never knew if what I've just done would work out.
But here we are now.
After I was done (and I literally mean DONE) with the sister, I started with the base.
Again, base colors only.
I still have to do the little control panel, the lettering on the door (Lauch Pad 5), the neon light itself, and, and, and :)