Sunday, June 3, 2012

ATHENA - Steampunk Airship (79)

Thanks guys :)

Well I spent the last few days painting the Servitors and the supervising Tech Priest.

The Tech Priest at an early stage.

After the base colors were applied I gave them a thorough wash with Badab Black.
In addition I applied some specific washes with Baal Red (for the skin), Grisiphone Sepia (for the Bones and Leather) and Devlan Mud (can't recall which pieces that were).



After the washes dried I did the highlights.

Since they are all on the bridge in a relatively dark room I didn't do any strong or bright highlights.
The Tech Priest.

Otto, the Servitor in charge



And some group shots with all members in their positions.




Closer up from the front

And with the superstructure in place

Peeping through the window.
I will not glue everything in place yet, as I'm still tinkering with the idea of installing LED lights.
But next image will be with everything in place and then I will finish up the superstructure (the rear is still completely open) and apply lots of rivets and ornaments.
Then it will be most likely the completion of the main turret with the tripple Earthshakers (final position and ornaments), and then....
...who knows :)
I hope you liked this little update.
Thank you for your time.
C&C welcome.
Cheers
Klaus