Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Orkalypse Now (6)

Hi guys,

after the first heads were completed I wanted to mount the new battery packs I built.
Ugh! These little reactors are way too big and bulky...

Even cutting them down doesn't really help :(

So I must go back to the drawing board to design some heavy battery packs for the rifles.

In the meantime the first troopers received knee-pads.

and the remaining 4 heads received first attention.


The Sergeant will get another baret,


any George "Oneeye" received his implant.




Here is a scale shot of the prepared seals for the Purity Seals.



To complete the helmets I placed a small strip of PC on the helmet,


and then smoothened it out.


With a sharp blade I start cutting the outline,


connect the cuts,


and remove the excess PC.


Then a 1mm disk as hinge


and with the needle tool the outline of the visor.



Finished



Here you can still see the old outlines of the IG helmet - so he still needs some extra cleanup of the face.


Oneeyes special visor (sorry for the blurry shot)




I also created a InstaMold mold so I can (in theory) quickly create some more helmets.


The remaining troopers also received their knee-pads.


Since I had some PC left I looked into the muzzle flashes. I already know how the ones for the Bolters are done, so I decided to give the laser a go.

Well this first experiment wasn't to my liking :-P


So I tried it again


I want it to look like this one


Hmm, that seems to work.


What do you think?




Since I think they will work, I quickly made all 5.





What do you think?

Well, thanks for your time and I hope you enjoyed todays update.

I look forward to your C&C

Cheers

Klaus