Friday, July 26, 2013

ATHENA - Steampunk airship (97)


While the list of to-do's IS shrinking, there are still many items to do :)
The first thing was to complete the covers around the duct fans.
 
And even though they were not 100% finished I couldn't resist to take some nice shoots with the 4 duct fans in position...
 
 
 
 
 
But the rear is not yet completed...
 
Also it was time to do another weight check.
 
I'm really proud of my little Queen, she hardly gained weight. Despite all the nice curves and add-ons she's only 2,42 Kg ( 4.8 pounds) - including two block batteries!

Well, the rear....
 
This is the "balcony" I had originally build and painted for this rear area, with an observation periscope and another plotting table.
 
But since I now need a good position for the two NEMESIS CIWS, I decided to rather build a new structure.
 
Rounded and "steampunked"
 
it will give the two CIWS a nice field of fire.
 
But to really fit the ATHENA it needs some ornaments.
 
I can tell you it was some tough cutting !
 
But I think it was worth the effort :)
 
 
What do you guys think?

Oh and here are two photoshopped goodies for you :)



























Cheers
Klaus