Tuesday, November 10, 2009

ATHENA - Steampunk Airship (44)

With the rear deck mostly completed and armour plates in place, I realised that I wouldn't have the chance to access this area once it is mounted, so I had to paint it before.
Eventhough I'm still not sure about the final paint scheme, I decided to use Astonomican Grey as base color - this area is more or less interior, so it won't interfere too much with the final outer paint scheme.

To emphasize the steampunk topic even more, I decided to give some of the pieces a wooden surface.

Together with the brass, I think this looks pretty steampunk, doesn't it?

For the other pieces I kept the paint pattern of black base coat, drybrushed with Boltgun and some items painted in Tin Biz and Dwarf Bronze.

The plotting table painted.

I hope the greenish outline will give it a kind of holographic effect, while the wooden surface of the rim will maintain the steampunk feeling.

All pieces painted and in place.

And then I did some serious weathering.

"B", "E", and "O" stand for "Bridge", "Engineering", "Observer Deck" :)




So now it is time for another "fly-around" with all pieces in place:







And the pieces seperated :)

One last image:
Added the rivets for the rear structure

Cheers
Klaus