Friday, January 29, 2016

Rumble in the Rubble (1)

Hi all,

thank you for your feedback :)
@

@
 
I'll give it a few days to think about it - and maybe get some additional feedback.

As you've probably noticed the thread is no longer called "EPIALES", but rather "Rumble in the Rubble".
The reason is that's it's not only about the EPIALES, but a combat scene. And as mentioned again in an urban setting - accompanying the "Ghosts in the Rubble" scene. 
"This diorama is depicting an Imperial Guard attack in the rubble strewn streets of an Ork captured city."
While I try not to give too many spoilers on the final scene, I can reveal what the opponent for the EPIALES will be.
An ORK walker - Mega Dread style.
I don't have a name for him yet, but I'm sure you'll have some good ideas :)

So I'll start off with the pilot.
I still had this cool guy from my failed attempt at the DIRTMUNCHA (earth-)Submarine.
 
But I re-arranged his posture a bit.
 
Then I started to build a cockpit around him. So now it looks as if he's kind of glancing around.
 
The cockpit is positioned within a head-style housing.
 
Then I started to create a body for it. Rather simple Ork style.
 
But I think it looks sufficiently menacing.
 
With the basic body done, I went to work on the legs.
Here you can already get a glimpse of the pose I'm aiming at.
 
Plenty of pistons and hydraulics to make it steady.
 
Then I positioned the other leg.
 
And started the first foot.
 
But I realized it makes no sense to start with the foot, if I don't know how thick the leg will be with all the armor, pipes and other stuff on it.
So now I'm starting to add armor...
 
It hurts a bit to cover up all these nice pieces and hydraulics.

So, what do you think?
Ideas, feedback, name?
I look forward to hear from you.
Cheers
Klaus