Thursday, January 7, 2016

The Carp'A San - Raiders of the Lost Light (6)

Hi all,

with the fluff written up and the stage set, I prepared for painting.

First I removed the actors and pinned them onto the cork.
 
And while the primed models dried I installed my new light.
This is currently only the test version, using more tape than screws :)
 
So far it seems to work properly, so I will mount it permanently soon.

After all the models were primed I re-mounted them and affixed them with some rubber glue (Fixogum)
 
And then I started to work with the airbrush.
 
This is NOT the actual paint job - this is only my light reference and I will repaint everything.
 
But it gives me a very good idea of how the scene will look.
 
And if I need additional light sources or where to emphasize to structure the scene better.
 
But I think this will work out as intended - don't you think?
 
With the light setting in mind, I repainted the skeleton guards first.
As you can see I use very desaturated colors - this will also help to emphasize some of the light effects later.
 
Once the two guards have their base colors all done, I will give them an inking with black, and maybe an additional blue layer. After that I will add the shadows and highlights - using the previous images as reference.
I hope you like today's update and I look forward to your feedback and suggestions.
Cheers
klaus