Monday, June 15, 2009

ATHENA - Steampunk Airship (10)

I spent some more time on the layouts of the ATHENEs aircraft and concetrated this time on the Ground Attack plane.
I'm kind of torn between a A-10 like appearance (A and D) and a THANTALOS like layout (C and E). Currently "E" is my favourite, as it looks very clunky and mean enough *grin*
But we'll see what happens till I get to them anyway.


In the meantime, I continued with the ATHENAs upper deck. First I cut the lift platform, and then lowered it, so it looks as if it is just coming up.

I plan to have the ground attack and its pilot, plus servicing crew around it, so it looks as if it's readied, while in the circeled area, there will be an Interceptor lifting off.

Then I worked on the bridge, or island.

These are the two lower floors.
View across the main deck.

View from the outside.

Front view.

Next will be the balcony for the 3rd floor, including a weapons platform, and then the two upper floors and the chimneys.
Cheers
Klaus