Friday, June 19, 2009

Successfull operation

Well, the votes are pretty clear in favor of Option "B", the elongated body. So I started the operation last night.
Since I had planned to access the jump deck at a later stage anyway, it was rather easy to seperate the main body from the gondola.

Then I seperated the nose section form the main body.

Measuring I added a 20cm sheet of plasticard.

With this I have enough space to place the command island further up front

So I added the 4cm high strip of the first deck to connect the nose and the main body again.

Once the glue is cured and everything is bonded I will add the new rips to bridge the area.

With these additional 20 cm, the ATHENA will look like this