Friday, May 7, 2010

Defense of Xantium (7)

Back from Spain!

I had a wonderful and very relaxing vacation in southern Spain (Rota near Jerez), with great sunshiny weather, empty beaches and great Tapas :)

I even had a close look at the new French Helicopter Carrier /Assault ship L9013 "Mistral" in the harbor of Câdiz. Very interesting and inspiring for the ATHENA.

But I also had some time thinking about the "Pinocchio" Ork walker. My idea was to have a pose similar to this one. The right arm having a disabled main gun, so he's left to using the close-combat weapon - some kind of axe or hammer.

But I realized that the pose won't really work for a mechanical walker, so I have to rethink the idea and pose.

Nevertheless, I worked a bit on the cockpit last night, and pretty much completed it :)

I really like the two.

And even if I skip the "Pinocchio" project, I will still try to use the two.

Not sure if they will be in a Titan/Stompa cockpit, or if it may end up in some kind of attack plane....

....maybe even attacking the ATHENA...?

So this won't be the last time you see these two :)


I will now go back to the drawing board for the diorama and think how I get a nice, dynamic and dramatic Ork side.
I have some ideas, but I'm not sure if I can really pull it through.
We'll see :)
Cheers
Klaus