Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Steampunk Motorcycles?

I've previously mentioned here that I was looking into some scout units or rough riders, and that I was tinkering about mounting them on "steampunk motorcycles".
So I spent some time over the last view days looking for steampunk cycles.
There is some really great artwork out there, some brilliant ideas too. And there are some that I could imagine for my Dencarians.
So here are some rough sketches of what I could see as rough rider SP-motorcycles. Please remember they must blend in with the ZEUS, the walkers, and the infantry...so no real modern Sci-Fi anime bikes.....

Currently I favor "E" as this could easily mount weapons, and I think I can get a good design for scratchbuilding 4 or 5 of them. "A" would probably fit the Kinder-egg theme, but would definately require casting. "B", "F", and "G" would be hard to balance, so they'd always need a base...
So, any ideas?
Thanks
Klaus

6 comments:

  1. http://www.tabletopgamingnews.com/2009/02/10/23168

    Here's a "motorcycle" that fits the design you're going for perfectly. You can get 3 of them for 25 Euros. You've got to supply your own driver, gun, and base, but these are really cool and would fit your army perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw 'E' on a retail site recently... where the hell was it? Oh yea! Over at Tobsen 77 miniatures. I think his site is in English and Deutsch if that's any help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow guys!
    This is great!
    Thanks for the links

    ReplyDelete
  4. A few months ago, I was actually trying to build design E myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi King_Mob,
    any success?
    Maybe you can give me some tips?
    Thanks
    Klaus

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok those bikes are cool time to get out the plasticard and cutting tools. motivation has struck.

    ReplyDelete