Wednesday, March 7, 2018

To The Bitter End - was "A new project (4)

Hi all,
thank you for your feedback and comments!

Last night after work I looked at the piece again and was still pleased so I decided to finish it up.
Just some minor changes and then I removed the masking tape from the straight sides of the plinth and gave it several brown washes.
Once the washes were dry I applied a coat of gloss varnish and let it cure.

After cleaning up my desk and sorting the colors back into the rack I decided to take some first shots in the lightbox.
These are not the high-quality ones yet.
Just some first shots with decent light
and a black background.
I will do some better photos over the next few evenings. And by then I should also have a bit of a narrative to accompany the scene.
But these should do
and provide some detail shots
without the distraction of my cluttered desk.
I hope you like the shots
and the scene :)
I really like how the Valkyr turned out!
To The Bitter End
I hope you have enjoyed this rather quick project (I started on 14. Feb).
I did learn a few things, I did try a few new tricks, and I had a lot of fun :)