Monday, January 10, 2011

Along comes da Spida! (3)

Thank You guys,
your feedback means a lot to me :)

So, after I finished the Spidas chassis, I painted the driver and his little compartment.
I don't know why, but I wanted to paint him with a red helmet.


It was a pain in the rear end to get all the details on, but I managed.



Once the driver was completed, I weathered and damaged the gun platform.


lots of rust, grease, and dirt.



It looks nice on the chassis.





And finally I finished the gun and mounted it on the platform.






As final piece I weathered and damaged the drivers compartment from the outside.



Eventhough the top lights need a gloss varnish, they do look glossy already :)

And mounted on the Spida!






I'm really quite pleased withe the result.

I hope you like it too :)

So now I have to do the 3 Gretchins for the crew.

BTW, whith which piece of the Defense of Xantinum diorama should I continue?
The Marine of the "Chrimson Guardians" holding the Gretchin suicide bomber,
or the Ork Waarghh Boss?

Please let me know - I'll try to add a poll ASAP.
Cheers
Klaus