Yesterday I got the itch.
The itch to start painting.
And since the completion of the ATHENA forward gallery depends on painted floor and wall, I decided that this would be the target of my scratch :)
Looking through the images I collected, I decided to use the Honorguard image as starting point. After priming with black, I drew the outlines with a pencil.

Then I traced them with a brush and a deluted white, to prevent any smearing or erasing of the pencil lines.

Next I did the base colors and background, so I'd get a feeling for the colors.

Then I did the highlights and shades for the blue.

followed by the red highlights and shadows.

Then I did the gold colors.

And finally the parchment.

Then it was time for some detailing.
The itch to start painting.
And since the completion of the ATHENA forward gallery depends on painted floor and wall, I decided that this would be the target of my scratch :)
Looking through the images I collected, I decided to use the Honorguard image as starting point. After priming with black, I drew the outlines with a pencil.
Then I traced them with a brush and a deluted white, to prevent any smearing or erasing of the pencil lines.
Next I did the base colors and background, so I'd get a feeling for the colors.
Then I did the highlights and shades for the blue.
followed by the red highlights and shadows.
Then I did the gold colors.
And finally the parchment.
Then it was time for some detailing.
