Wednesday, December 2, 2009

ATHENA - Steampunk Airship (60)

I wasn't quite convinced with yesterdays camouflage result, so I decided to give it another try. This time with the airbrush.
So first I masked of the image I drew yesterday.

And then I applied the 3-color cloud pattern.

Looks nice so far.

But to be sure, I had to do the basic details (sans weathering, washes, or damage),

and since I liked it, I decided to do the whole command island in the cloud pattern camo.
Maybe you can see on the right edge of the upper rear deck, a big splotch of blue gray - well a severe airbrush accident....I'll have to add some battle damage and scorched paint there...

As you can see, I spared the door to the shrine.

But everything else is done.

Once I get to all the details and weathering, I'm convinced it will look rather decent :)


Since I left the door without camo you can guess I have something special planed, can't you?
Yep, the door will be golden.

But not just plain gold, but with some ornamenting and scribes.

Sorry for the blurry image, but with the different reds, the outlines do look 3-dimensional.

So I continued the slogan on the golden part.

Plus some ornaments

And here's the complete slogan:
"Nullus Mundus Ultra Meum Ius Est; Nullus Adversarius Ultra Meam Iram Est"
"No world is beyond my authority; no enemy is beyond my wraith"
Unfortunately the world lengths are unevenly distributed (due to the long "Adversarius"), so I had to do the fonts in different sizes.

But I think it is OK, isn't it?


Oh, and lest we forget Bis, the Gargoyle.

Pretty much done with the rear end

And the facial impression is coming along too.

Well, that's it for today.
I hope you like it.
Cheers
Klaus