Wednesday, October 21, 2009

ATHENA - Steampunk Airship (35)

Last night I finally closed most of the still uncovered sections of the ATHENA's right side. For this I used again the very nice .25mm plasticard. It is almost as manipulatable as a sheet of paper. Really nice.

Of course I also had to do a lot of riveting :)

Then I decided to change my previous procedure for the left side. While I left the areas of the tank, torpedo launcher, and bomb shaft open last time, I decided I would cover them completely this time and mount the itmes on top. But to save plasticard I used smaller pieces in areas that will be covered by the launcher and tank.

As you can see, the drop deck will cover some of the inaccuracies that I have in the skin.



Well, since I talked so much about paint schemes and asked for your suggestions, I did get some feedback.
For example Meph at WIP provided me with these two very nice suggestions:
Meph 1:



Meph 2:


And another very cool suggestion came from Mortis at WIP
:)
Well there is still time. I have so many things still left to do that nothing is set in stone when it comes to the paint scheme.
You want to try yourself?
Here's the "blank" ATHENA, fire away, give it a try.

Cheers
Klaus