The Hydra build continues.
So I cleaned up the barrel mounts with rasp and sand paper.

Then I cut a 1cm wide strip of .5mm plasticard, pre-bent it over a pen, and began to create the curved back of the barrel mounts.

Looks pretty good, but needs some sanding too.

While the curved plastic cured, I started with the turret itself. For this I drew some plans in CorelDraw and printed them, then using a rubber cement (temporary glue) to glue them to the plasticard and cut them.
So I cleaned up the barrel mounts with rasp and sand paper.

Then I cut a 1cm wide strip of .5mm plasticard, pre-bent it over a pen, and began to create the curved back of the barrel mounts.

Looks pretty good, but needs some sanding too.

While the curved plastic cured, I started with the turret itself. For this I drew some plans in CorelDraw and printed them, then using a rubber cement (temporary glue) to glue them to the plasticard and cut them.




